國王的演講中的經典臺詞

國王的演講中的經典臺詞

  影片裡的主角歷史原形為喬治六世。自小怯懦和口吃,因而無法在公眾面前發表流暢的演講。最後經過語言治療師萊納爾羅格的幫助,慢慢克服了心理的障礙。下面是國王的演講中的經典臺詞,歡迎參考閱讀!

  In this grave hour, perhaps the most fateful in our history,

  在這樣嚴峻的時刻,可能是國家存亡的緊要關頭

  I send to every household of my peoples,

  我向領土上的所有子民

  both at home and overseas this message

  不論是國內或是海外 傳達這份訊息

  spoken with the same depth of feeling for each one of you

  我和你們一樣,百感交集

  as if I were able to cross your threshold and speak to you myself.

  只希望我能挨家挨戶親自向你們訴說

  For the second time in the lives of most of us we are at war.

  我們大部分人,都是第二次經歷戰爭的洗禮

  Over and over again we have tried to find a peaceful way out

  不止一次,我們嘗試過尋求和平之道

  of the differences between ourselves and those who are now our enemies.

  求同存異,化敵為友

  But it has been in vain. We have been forced into a conflict.

  然而徒勞無功。我們被迫捲入了一場戰爭

  For we are called, to meet the challenge of a principle which,

  我們所面臨的,是一個邪惡信念的挑戰

  if it were to prevail, would be fatal to any civilized order in the world.

  如果敵方取勝,世界的`文明秩序將毀於一旦(prevail盛行,流傳)

  Such a principle, stripped of all disguise,

  這樣的信念,剝去偽裝的外衣

  is surely the mere primitive doctrine that might is right.

  只是赤裸裸的權力追求(primitive原始的,單純的,doctrine教條)

  For the sake of all that we ourselves hold dear,

  為了捍衛凝聚起我們的所有(hold dear珍重)

  it is unthinkable that we should refuse to meet the challenge.

  我們無法想象去逃避這樣的挑戰

  It is to this high purpose that I now call my people at home

  為了如此崇高目標,我呼籲國內的民眾

  and my peoples across the seas, who will make our cause their own.

  海外的子民們,萬眾一心

  I ask them to stand calm and firm, and united in this time of trial.

  我希望你們能冷靜堅定,在時間的歷練中團結向前

  The task will be hard. There may be dark days ahead,

  任務將會困難重重,前路可能烏雲密佈

  and war can no longer be confined to the battlefield.

  戰場將不再侷限於前線陣地。

  But we can only do the right as we see the right

  只有掌握真知才能正確行事

  and reverently commit our cause to God.

  在此我們虔誠的向上帝承諾

  If one and all we keep resolutely faithful to it,

  如果我們大家堅定信念

  then, with God's help, we shall prevail.

  上帝會保佑,我們必將獲勝

  That was very good, Bertie.

  說的非常棒,伯蒂

最近訪問