英語四級晨讀美文

  作為外語學習者語言輸入的重要途徑,晨讀是鍛鍊學生聽說讀的有效途徑,備考四級考試的考生只要堅持每天晨讀一定會對英語能力的提升有所幫助。下面小編為大家帶來,供各位考生閱讀欣賞。

  :放慢你的舞步

  Have you ever watched kids on a merry-go-round?

  你曾否看過孩子們騎旋轉木馬

  Or listened to the rain slapping on the ground?

  或聽過雨水拍打地面的聲音呢?

  Ever followed a butterfly's erratic fly?

  你曾否追逐過飄忽不定的蝴蝶

  Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

  或看著夕陽消失於地平線呢?

  Do you run through each day on the fly?

  你是否每天忙個不停

  When you ask "How are you?", do you hear the reply?

  當問候別人時,你真的在意他們的回答嗎?

  When the day is done, do you lie in your bed

  每晚就寢時

  With the next hundred chores running through your head?

  你是否仍在腦海中唸叨著無數的雜事呢?

  You'd better slow down

  放慢你的舞步

  Don't dance so fast

  不要匆匆忙忙

  Time is short

  人生苦短

  The music won't last

  音樂不會永遠奏下去。

  When you run so fast to get somewhere,

  當你匆忙趕到目的地時,

  You miss half the fun of getting there.

  也就錯過了旅途中一半的樂趣。

  When you worry and hurry through your day,

  當你終日憂心忡忡並馬不停蹄時,

  It is like an unopened gift....

  就像一份禮物還沒被拆開…...

  Thrown away...

  就已丟棄……

  Life is not a race.

  人生不是一場競賽。

  Do take it slower,

  放慢你的腳步

  Hear the music

  傾聽沿途的音符

  Before the song is over.

  在音樂還沒結束以前。

  詞彙:

  merry-go-round n. 旋轉木馬

  slap vi. 拍擊

  gaze at 凝視,注視

  :把今天當成生命中最後一天

  I will live this day as if it is my last. I will avoid with fury the killers of time. Procrastination I will destroy with action; doubt I will bury under faith; fear I will dismember with confidence. Where there are idle mouths I will listen not; Where there are idle hands I will linger not ; where ther are idle bodies I will visit not. Henceforth I know that to court idleness is to steal food, clothing, and warmth from those I love. I am not a thief. I am a man of love and today is my last chance to prove my love and my greatness.

  今天是我生命中的最後一天。我憎恨那些浪費時間的行為。我要改掉拖沓的壞習慣。我要以真誠埋葬懷疑,用信心驅趕恐懼。我不聽閒話、不遊手好閒,不與不務正業的人來往。我終於領悟到。若是懶惰,無異於從我所愛之人手中竊取食物、衣裳和溫情。我不是賊,我有愛心,今天是我最後的機會,我要證明我的愛心和偉大。

  I will live this day as if it is my last.

  今天是我生命中的最後一天。

  The duties of tadoy I shall fulfill tosay. Today I shall fondle my children shile they are young; tomorrow theywill be gone, and so will I. Today I shall embrace my woman with sweet kisses;tomorrow she willbe gone, and so will I. Today I shall lift up a friend in need; tomorrow will no longer cry for help, nor will I hesr his cries. Today I shall give myself in sacrifice and work; tomorrowI will have nothing to give,and there will be gone to receive.

  今曰事今日畢。今天我要趁孩子還小的時候,多加愛護,明天他們將離我而去,我也會離他們而去。今天我要深情地擁吻我的妻子,明天她會離去,我也一樣。今天我要幫助落難的朋友,明天他不再會向我求援,我也將聽不到他的哀求。今天我要樂於奉獻,因為明天我將無法給予,也將無人領受了。

  I will live this day as if it is my last.

  今天是我生命中的最後一天。

  And if it is my last, it will be my greatest monument. This day I will make the best day of my life. This day I will drink every minute to its full. I will savor its taste and give thanks. I will trade only for someing of value. I will labor hander than ever before and push my muscles until they cry for relief, and then I will continue. I will make more calls than ever before. I will sell more goods than ever before. I will earn more gold than ever before. Each minute of today will be more fruitful than hours of yesterday. My last must be my best.

  如果今天是我的末日,那麼它將是不朽的紀念日,我將使之成為我一生中最好的一天。我要把每分每秒化為甘露,一口一口,細細品嚐.滿懷感激。我要每一分鐘都有價值。我要加倍努力,直到精疲力竭。即使這樣,我還要繼續努力。我要拜訪更多的顧客,銷售更多的貨物,賺取更多的財富。今天的每一分鐘都勝過昨天的每一小時,最後的也是最好的。

  I will live this day as if it is my last. And if it is not, I shalll fall to my knees and give thanks.

  我將把今天當作生命末日來度過。如果不是的話,我要跪倒在上蒼面前,深深致謝。

  詞彙:

  dismember vt. 支解,分割

  idle adj. 懶惰的,閒散的

  henceforth adv. 今後

  fondle vt. 愛撫,溺愛

  lift up 鼓舞,激勵

  monument n. 紀念碑