與天氣有關的口語

  岩石下的小草教我們堅強,峭壁上的野百合教我們執著,山頂上的松樹教我們拼搏風雨,嚴寒中的臘梅教我們笑迎冰雪,有很多同學都覺得英語口語成績很難提高,其實只要我們多練習,是肯定可以拿高分的。

  ***一***

  1. What's up with him today? He has a face likethunder!

  他今天怎麼了?他看著怒氣衝衝的。

  2. I'm a bit disappointed in John and David. Itturned out they were only fair-weather friends.

  我對約翰和大衛有點失望,原來他們不過是靠不住的酒肉朋友。

  fair-weather: 限於好天氣的;只能同安樂不可共患難的

  3. We don't have a snowball's chance ofwinning that contract!

  我們根本就沒有一點希望能籤那份合同。

  4. Don't worry about those two arguing. it's just a storm in a teacup.

  不用為他倆的爭執擔心,他們不過是小題大做罷了。

  a storm in a teacup: 小題大做

  5. The exam was a breeze.

  這次考試真是太容易了。

  6. We're snowed under at work.

  我們工作忙得不可開交。

  7. They're blowing hot and cold over this issue. It's impossible to know what theywant!

  他們在這件事情上搖擺不定,根本不可能知道他們到底想要什麼!

  blow hot and cold: 猶豫不決

  ***二***

  1. He's always working in his garden - comerain or shine.

  他總在花園裡幹活,風雨無阻。

  2. It's going to get very busy on Thursday. Today and tomorrow is just the lull before thestorm.

  我們週四會很忙的,今天和明天只是暴風雨來臨之前暫時的寧靜。

  Lull:平靜,間歇

  3. I don't want to spend this extra money. I'llsave it up for a rainy day.

  我不想把這些額外收入花掉,我打算存起來以備不時之需。

  4. I'm going to see which way the wind blows before asking her about a raise.

  我打算先觀察一下形勢,然後再提加薪的事。

  5. You'll steal her thunder if you wear that dress tonight!

  如果你今晚穿那條裙子,你會搶了她的風頭的!

  6. I'm feeling a bit under the weather at the moment.

  我覺得不太舒服。

  7. This recession is quite serious and it's becoming difficult to weather the storm.

  這次經濟衰退很嚴重,很難扛過去啊!