關於初中英語美文閱讀

  美文欣賞課的教學,應該成為學生情趣盎然的精神家園,引導學生在課外閱讀中度過一段美好的時光。下面是小編帶來的,歡迎閱讀!

  篇一

  Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born.

  從前,有個孩子馬上就要誕生了。

  So one day he asked God,

  因此有一天他問上帝:"They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"

  "聽說明天你就送我去人間了,但是,我這麼弱小和無助,我在那兒怎麼生活呢?"

  God replied, "Among the many angels, I chose one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

  上帝答道:"在眾多的天使中,我特別為你挑了一位。她會守候你、無微不至地照顧你。"

  But the child wasn't sure he really wanted to go.

  小孩還是拿不準自己是否真的想去。"But tell me, here in Heaven, I don't do anything else but sing and smile, that's enough for me to be happy."

  "但是在天堂,我除了唱唱笑笑外,什麼也不做。這就足以讓我感到幸福了。"

  "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day.

  "你的天使每天會為你唱歌,為你微笑。

  And you will feel your angel's love and be happy."

  你會感受她的愛,並且因此而幸福。"

  "if I don't know the language that men talk,"

  "如果我不懂人類的語言,

  the child continued, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me?"

  他們對我說話時,我怎麼聽得懂呢?"孩子繼續問道。

  God patted him on the head and said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear,

  上帝輕輕地拍了一下孩子的腦袋說:"你的天使會對你說最最美麗、最最動聽的話語,

  and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

  而這些都是你從未聽過的。她會不厭其煩地教你說話。"

  "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

  "如果我想與你說話怎麼辦?"

  But God had an answer for that question too. "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

  上帝胸有成竹地回答:"你的天使會將你的雙手合攏,教你如何祈禱。"

  "I've heard that on earth there are bad men, who will protect me?"

  "聽說塵世有很多壞蛋,誰來保護我呢?"

  "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking her life!"

  "即使冒著生命危險,你的天使也會保護你的。"

  "But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore," the child continued warily.

  "但是見不到你,我會難過的。"小孩小心翼翼說道。

  God smiled on the young one.

  聽到這兒,上帝對著小孩笑了。"Even though I will always be next to you,

  "儘管我會一直陪伴你左右,

  your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way for you to come back to me,

  你的天使仍會提起我,教你重返天堂之路。"

  At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard.

  此時,天堂一片寧靜,凡間的聲音已可聽到,

  The child knew he had to start on his journey very soon.

  小孩明白自己得趕緊上路了。

  He asked God one more question, softly, "Oh God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."

  他又輕聲問了最後一個問題,"哦,上帝,假如我現在就出發,請你告訴我,我的天使叫什麼名字。"

  God touched the child on the shoulder and answered, "Your angel's name is not hard to remember.

  上帝把手放在小孩的肩上,答道:"你的天使的名字很容易記住,

  You will simply call her Mommy."

  你就叫她――媽媽。"

  篇二

  A long time ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy loved to come and lay around it every day. He climbed to the tree top, ate the apples, took a nap under the shadow... He loved the tree and the tree loved to play with him.

  很久很久以前,有一棵又高又大的蘋果樹。一位小男孩,天天到樹下來,他爬上去摘蘋果吃,在樹蔭下睡覺。他愛蘋果樹,蘋果樹也愛和他一起玩耍。

  Time went by... the little boy had grown up and he no longer played around the tree every day. One day, the boy came back to the tree and he looked sad. “Come and play with me,” the tree asked the boy. “I am no longer a kid, I don’t play around trees anymore.” The boy replied, “I want toys. I need money to buy them.” “Sorry, but I don’t have money...but you can pick all my apples and sell them. So, you will have money.” The boy was so excited. He grabbed all the apples on the tree and left happily. The boy never came back after he picked the apples. The tree was sad.

  後來,小男孩長大了,不再天天來玩耍。一天他又來到樹下,很傷心的樣子。蘋果樹要和他一起玩,男孩說:“不行,我不小了,不能再和你玩,我要玩具,可是沒錢買。”蘋果樹說:“很遺憾,我也沒錢,不過,把我所有的果子摘下來賣掉,你不就有錢了?”男孩十分激動,他摘下所有的蘋果,高高興興地走了。然後,男孩好久都沒有來。蘋果樹很傷心。

  One day, the boy returned and the tree was so excited. “Come and play with me,” the tree said. “I don’t have time to play. I have to work for my family. We need a house for shelter. Can you help me?” “Sorry, but I don’t have a house. But you can chop off my branches to build your house.” So the boy cut all the branches off the tree and left happily. The tree was glad to see him happy but the boy never came back since then. The tree was again lonely and sad.

  有一天,男孩終於來了,樹興奮地邀他一起玩。男孩說:“不行,我沒有時間,我要替家裡幹活呢,我們需要一幢房子,你能幫忙嗎?”“我沒有房子,”蘋果樹說,“不過你可以把我的樹枝統統砍下來,拿去搭房子。”於是男孩砍下所有的樹枝,高高興興地運走去蓋房子。看到男孩高興樹好快樂。從此,男孩又不來了。樹再次陷入孤單和悲傷之中。

  One hot summer day, the boy returned and the tree was delighted. “Come and play with me!” the tree said. “I am sad and getting old. I want to go sailing to relax myself. Can you give me a boat?” “Use my trunk to build your boat. You can sail far away and be happy.” So the boy cut the tree trunk to make a boat. He went sailing and never showed up for a long time. The tree was happy, but it was not true.

  一年夏天,男孩回來了,樹太快樂了:“來呀!孩子,來和我玩呀。”男孩卻說:“我心情不好,一天天老了,我要揚帆出海,輕鬆一下,你能給我一艘船嗎?”蘋果樹說:“把我的樹幹砍去,拿去做船吧!”於是男孩砍下了她的樹幹,造了條船,然後駕船走了,很久都沒有回來。樹好快樂……但不是真的。

  Finally, the boy returned after he left for so many years. “Sorry, my boy. But I don’t have anything for you anymore. No more apples for you...” the tree said.

  “I don’t have teeth to bite,” the boy replied.

  許多年過去,男孩終於回來,蘋果樹說:“對不起,孩子,我已經沒有東西可以給你了,我的蘋果沒了。”

  男孩說:“我的牙都掉了,吃不了蘋果了。”

  “No more trunk for you to climb on.”

  “I am too old for that now,” the boy said.

  “I really can’t give you anything... the only thing left is my dying roots,” the tree said with tears.

  蘋果樹又說:“我再沒有樹幹,讓你爬上來了。”

  男孩說:“我太老了,爬不動了。”

  “我再也沒有什麼給得出手了……,只剩下枯死下去的老根,”樹流著淚說。

  “I don’t need much now, just a place to rest. I am tired after all these years.” The boy replied.

  “Good! Old tree roots is the best place to lean on and rest. Come, Come sit down with me and rest.” The boy sat down and the tree was glad and smiled with tears...

  男孩說:“這麼多年過去了,現在我感到累了,什麼也不想要,只要一個休息的地方。”

  “好啊!老根是最適合坐下來休息的,來啊,坐下來和我一起休息吧!”男孩坐下來,蘋果樹高興得流下了眼淚……

  This is a story of everyone. The tree is our parent. When we were young, we loved to play with Mom and Dad... When we grown up, we left them, and only came to them when we need something or when we are in trouble. No matter what, parents will always be there and give everything they could to make you happy. You may think that the boy is cruel to the tree but that’s how all of us are treating our parents.

  這就是我們每個人的故事。這顆樹就是我們的父母。小時候,我們喜歡和爸爸媽媽玩……長大後,我們就離開他們,只在需要什麼東西或者遇到麻煩的時候,才回到他們身邊。無論如何,父母永遠都在那兒,傾其所有使你快樂。你可能認為這個男孩對樹很殘酷,但這就是我們每個人對待父母的方式。

  Take time out during the day for quiet time to listen to your inner voice. You may want to use your quiet time to meditate or pray. However you use this time, the key is to shut out all of the noise around you by focusing deep within yourself. Breathing deeply during quiet time will also help you focus. I know it’s hard to find quiet time during a particularly busy day, but it’s so important ― even if it’s just 10 minutes a day and you have to sneak away to get it. Quiet time can really make a difference in your life. It enables you to hear God speaking to your heart reminding you of His perfect love for you.

  白天花些時間出去,獨自傾聽自己的心聲。你可能想利用這段安靜的時間沉思或祈禱。無論如何利用這段時間,關鍵是要排除周圍所有的噪音,關注自己的內心深處。安靜的時間進行深呼吸也能幫你集中注意力。我知道在特別忙碌的日子找到安靜的時間很難,然而這很重要――即使一天只有10分鐘,你也要溜開抓住它。安靜的時間確實能使你的生命變得不同,它促使你傾聽上帝與你的心靈對話,使你想起他賦予你的完美的愛。

  Be honest with yourself by paying attention to your actions. Actions speak louder than words, and they always tell the truth. What do your actions say about you? If you say you love your job, but your actions say otherwise, which do you think is more true ― your words or your actions? On the other hand, if you say you’re not good at a certain job, but your actions say otherwise, that’s also important. What do you do with this insight? You can use it to make more beneficial choices in your life. By being honest with yourself based on your previous actions, your actions moving forward will be based on truth instead of just what you tell yourself.

  坦誠對己,注重行動吧。事實勝於雄辯,行動才能證明事實。你的行動是如何說明你的呢?如果你說熱愛自己的工作,而你的行動正好相反,你認為哪個更有說服力呢――言語還是行動?另一方面,如果你說不擅長某項工作,但你的行動正好相反,這也很重要。你怎麼處理你這種能力?你可以由此在生活中做出更多的選擇,坦誠對己也建立在以前的行為上,你以後的行動將會以事實為基礎,而不只是你的言詞。

  Despite what your subconscious may be telling you, you can have love with no limits. The key is to unconditionally love yourself first.

  不管你的潛意識告訴你什麼,你都能夠擁有無盡的愛,關鍵是首先你要無條件地愛自己。

  篇三

  During my junior year in high school, Mr. Reynolds, my English teacher, handed each student a list of thoughts or statements written by other students, then gave us a creative writing assignment based on one of those thoughts.

  上初中時,英文老師雷諾茲先生給每位同學發了一張紙條。紙條上列出其他同學寫的各種想法和陳述。然後,他要我們據此寫一篇創造性的作文。

  At 17, I was beginning to wonder about many things, so I chose the statement, "I wonder why things are the way they are?" That night, I wrote down in the form of a story all the questions that puzzled me about life. I realized that many of them were hard to answer, and perhaps others could not be answered at all.

  17歲的我對很多事情都非常疑惑不解。所以我選擇了"我不明白為什麼事物都是現在這個樣子?" 作為題目。那天晚上,我以故事的形式寫下了我對生活的所有困惑。我知道很多問題很難回答,或許有些問題根本找不到答案。

  When I turned in my paper, I was afraid that I might fail the assignment because I had not answered the question, "I wonder why things are the way they are?" I had no answers. I had only written questions.

  交上作文後,我非常擔心作業過不了關。因為我根本沒有回答 "我不明白為什麼事物都是現在這個樣子"這個問題,我找不著答案,只寫下了問題。

  The next day Mr. Reynolds called me to the front of the class and asked me to read my story for the other students. He handed me my paper and sat down in the back of the room. The class became quiet as I began to read my story:

  第二天,雷諾茲先生讓我到講臺上把我的作文念給全班同學聽。他把我的文章遞給我,坐到了教室的後面。教室非常安靜。我開始朗讀自己編寫的故事。

  Mommie, Daddy...Why?

  《媽媽,爸爸……為什麼?》

  Mommie, why are the roses red?

  媽媽,為什麼玫瑰是紅的?

  Mommie, why is the grass green and the sky blue?

  媽媽,為什麼草是青的,天是藍的?

  Why does a spider have a web and not a house?

  為什麼蜘蛛織網不造房?

  Daddy, why can't I play in your toolbox?

  爸爸,為什麼我不能在你的工具箱裡玩耍?

  Teacher, why do I have to read?

  老師,為什麼我一定要讀書?

  Mother, why can't I wear lipstick to the dance?

  媽媽,為什麼我不能抹上口紅參加舞會?

  Daddy, why can't I stay out until 12:00? The other kids are.

  爸爸,為什麼我不能在外面玩到中午12點? 別的小孩卻可以。

  Mother, why do you hate me?

  媽媽,你為什麼討厭我?

  Daddy, why don't the boys like me?

  爸爸,為什麼男生不喜歡我?

  Why do I have to be so skinny?

  為什麼我必須苗條如柴?

  Why do I have braces and wear glasses?

  為什麼我一定要繫上揹帶,戴上眼鏡?

  Why do I have to be 16?

  我為什麼必須得過16歲?

  Mom, why do I have to graduate?

  媽,為什麼我必須畢業?

  Dad, why do I have to grow up?

  爸,為什麼我得長大?

  Mom, Dad, why do I have to leave?

  媽,爸,為什麼我必須離開你們?

  Mom, why don't you write more often?

  媽,為什麼您不給我多寫幾封信?

  Dad, why do I miss my old friends?

  爸,為什麼我思念老朋友?

  Dad, why do you love me so much?

  爸,為什麼您這麼愛我?

  Dad, why do you spoil me?

  爸,為什麼您這麼寵我?

  Your little girl is growing up.

  您的女兒已經長大。

  Mom, why don't you visit?

  媽,為什麼您不常來看看?

  Mom, why is it hard to make new friends?

  媽,為什麼結交新朋友這麼困難?

  Dad, why do I miss being at home?

  爸,為什麼我懷念在家的日子?

  Dad, why does my heart skip a beat when he looks in my eyes?

  爸,為什麼每次他與我對視時我就心跳加快?

  Mom, why do my legs tremble when I hear his voice?

  媽,為什麼一聽見他的聲音我就雙腿打顫?

  Mother, why is being "in love" the greatest feeling in the world?

  媽,為什麼墜入愛河是世界上最美妙的感覺?

  Daddy, why don't you like to be called "Gramppy"?

  爸爸,為什麼不喜歡有人叫您"外公"?

  Mother, why do my baby s tiny fingers cling so tightly to mine?

  媽媽,為什麼我的小寶貝要緊抓著我的手?

  Mother, why do they have to grow up?

  媽媽,為什麼他們一定要長大?

  Daddy, why do they have to leave?

  爸爸,為什麼他們必須離開我們?

  Why do I have to be called "Grammie"?

  為什麼必須得有人叫我 "奶奶"?

  Mommie, Daddy, why did you have to leave me? I need you.

  媽媽,爸爸,為什麼你們要離我而去?我需要你們!

  Why did my youth slip past me?

  為什麼我的青春已悄悄溜走?

  Why does my face show every smile that I have ever given to a friend or a stranger?

  為什麼我會笑對朋友,也會笑對陌生人?

  Why does my hair glisten a shiny silver?

  為什麼我滿頭銀髮?

  Why do my hands quiver when I bend to pick a flower?

  為什麼我彎腰摘花時會雙手抖動?

  Why, God, are the roses red?

  上帝啊,為什麼玫瑰是紅的?

  At the conclusion of my story, my eyes locked with Mr. Reynold s eyes, and I saw a tear slowly sliding down his cheek. It was then that I realized that life is not always based on the answers we receive, but also on the questions that we ask.

  讀完故事,我雙眼緊盯著雷諾茲先生,雷諾茲先生也正凝視著我。我看到一顆淚珠正緩緩地從他的面頰上滾下來。就在那時,我豁然意識到,生活的根基不僅包括我們得到的所有答案,而且還包括我們提出的所有問題。