泰戈爾經典英文詩集閱讀

  1912年到1913年,泰戈爾的歐美之旅以及1913年成為諾貝爾文學獎的獲得者,使得他把獨特的東方文化帶給世界的同時,也使自己成為一名世界詩人。下面是小編帶來的泰戈爾經典英文詩閱讀,歡迎閱讀!

  泰戈爾經典英文詩閱讀篇一

  責備

  Why are those tears in your eyes, my child? 為什麼你眼裡有了眼淚,我的孩子?

  How horrid of them to be always scolding you for nothing? 他們真是可怕,常常無謂地責備你!

  You have stained your fingers and face with ink while writing--is that why they call you dirty? 你寫字時墨水玷汙了你的手和臉——這就是他們所以罵你齷齪的緣故麼?

  O, fie! Would they dare to call the full moon dirty because it has smudged its face with ink? 呵,呸!他們也敢因為圓圓的月兒用墨水塗了臉,便罵它齷齪麼?

  For every little trifle they blame you, my child. They are ready to find fault for nothing. 他們總要為了每一件小事去責備你,我的孩子。他們總是無謂地尋人錯處。

  You tore your clothes while playing--is that why they call you untidy? 你遊戲時扯破了你的衣服——這就是他們說你不整潔的緣故麼?

  O, fie! What would they call an autumn morning that smiles through its ragged clouds? 呵,呸!秋之晨從它的破碎的雲衣中露出微笑。那末,他們要叫它什麼呢?

  Take no heed of what they say to you, my child. 他們對你說什麼話,儘管可以不去理睬他,我的孩子。

  Take no heed of what they say to you, my child. 他們把你做錯的事長長地記了一筆帳。

  They make a long list of your misdeeds. Everybody knows how you love sweet things--is that why they call you greedy? 誰都知道你是十分喜歡糖果的——這就是他們所以稱你做貪婪的緣故麼?

  O, fie! What then would they call us who love you? 呵,呸!我們是喜歡你的,那末,他們要叫我們什麼呢?

  泰戈爾經典英文詩閱讀篇二

  審判官 The Judge

  SAY of him what you please, but I know my child's failings. 你想說他什麼儘管說罷,但是我知道我孩子的短處。

  I do not love him because he is good, but because he is my little child. 我愛他並不因為他好,只是因為他是我的小小的孩子。

  How should you know how dear he can be when you try to weigh his merits against his faults? 你如果把他的好處與壞處兩兩相權一下,恐怕你就會知道他是如何的可愛罷?

  When I must punish him he becomes all the more a part of my being. 當我必須責罰他的時候,他更成為我的生命的一部分了。

  When I cause his tears to come my heart weeps with him. 當我使他眼淚流出時,我的心也和他同哭了。

  I alone have a right to blame and punish, for he only may chastise who loves. 只有我才有權去罵他,去責罰他,因為只有熱愛人的才可以懲戒人。

  泰戈爾經典英文詩閱讀篇三

  玩具 Playthings

  CHILD, how happy you are sitting in the dust, playing with a broken twig all the morning. 孩子,你真是快活呀,一早晨坐在泥土裡,耍著折下來的小樹枝兒。

  I smile at your play with that little bit of a broken twig. 我微笑地看你在那裡耍著那根折下來的小樹枝兒。

  I am busy with my accounts, adding up figures by the hour. 我正忙著算帳,一小時一小時在那裡加疊數字。

  Perhaps you glance at me and think, "What a stupid game to spoil your morning with!" 也許你在看我,想道:這種好沒趣的遊戲,竟把你的一早晨的好時間浪費掉了!

  Child, I have forgotten the art of being absorbed in sticks and mud-pies. 孩子,我忘了聚精會神玩耍樹枝與泥餅的方法了。

  I seek out costly playthings, and gather lumps of gold and silver. 我尋求貴重的玩具,收集金塊與銀塊。

  With whatever you find you create your glad games, I spend both my time and my strength over things I never can obtain. 你呢,無論找到什麼便去做你的快樂的遊戲,我呢,卻把我的時間與力氣都浪費在那些我永不能得到的東西上。

  In my frail canoe I struggle to cross the sea of desire, and forget that I too am playing a game. 我在我的脆薄的獨木船裡掙扎著要航過慾望之海,意忘了我也是在那裡做遊戲了。