日常英語小對話

  英語對話課教學要以培養學生語言交際能力為目的,注重豐富的情景設計,學習實用易學的句型表達。小編整理了,歡迎閱讀!

  一

  Steven is going to study abroad, now he is consulting Lisa about applying for a visa.

  史蒂文打算出國留學,現在他正在向麗薩諮詢如何申請簽證。

  Steven: Excuse me, can you tell me how to apply for a visa to America?

  史蒂文:打擾了,請問怎麼申請赴美簽證?

  Lisa: Log on to the website of the American Embassy in Beijing and fill in the applicationforms.

  麗薩:登入美國駐華大使館的網站,填一下申請表。

  Steven: And what should I do next?

  史蒂文:接下來做什麼?

  Lisa: Then make an appointment by telephone and wait for the interview.

  麗薩:然後電話預約,等著到大使館面談吧。

  Steven: How long will I wait for?

  史蒂文:等待面談要多長時間?

  Lisa: It all depends.

  麗薩:這要卷情況而定。

  Steven: What's the fee for application?

  史蒂文:一般簽證申請費是多少?

  Lisa: About 800yuan.

  麗薩:800左右。

  Steven: Thank you very much.

  史蒂文:謝謝。

  Lisa: You are welcome.

  麗薩:不客氣。

  二

  Steven wants to apply a graduate school in America. Now he is consulting the receptionist.

  史蒂文想申請美國的研究生學院,現在他正在諮詢接待員。

  Receptionist: Can I help you?

  接待員:有什麼能為你服務的嗎?

  Steven: Yes. I am interested in applying for graduate school in America.

  史蒂文:是的,我想申請美同的研究生學院。

  Receptionist: We have some catalogues from U.S. universities. You may check in thereference stacks over there.

  接待員:我們有一些關於美國大學概況的手冊,你可以在那邊的參考書架上查檢視。

  Steven: Can you recommend some universities with good graduate schools?

  史蒂文:您能推薦一些擁有優秀研究院的大學嗎?

  Receptionist: Well, generally in the U.S. each university has its own outstanding fields. Butthe graduate school accepts no applications after January 29th.

  接待員:嗯,在美國,一般每所大學都有自己突出的領域,但是研究 生院在1月29日後停止接受申請表。

  Steven: Oh, no. It's already February 5th.

  史蒂文:噢,不。今天已經是2月5日了。

  Receptionist: So you have to apply to begin the first semester next year.

  接待員:所以你必須申請明年的第一個學期了。

  Steven: I will think about it.

  史蒂文:我會考慮的。

  三

  Steven and Mary are good friends. Mary didn't get the scholarship, and Steven is smoothingher.

  史蒂文和瑪麗是好朋友。瑪麗沒有申請到獎學金,史蒂文正在安慰她。

  Steven: Mary, I've some bad news for you.

  史蒂文:瑪麗,我有壞訊息要告訴你。

  Mary: I have already known that. I didn't get the scholarship, right?

  瑪麗:我已經聽說了,我沒有申請到獎學金,對嗎?

  Steven: Yes. The board was favorably impressed with your application, but the competitionwas very fierce.

  史蒂文:委員會對你的申請表印象很深刻,但是競爭非常激烈。

  Mary: Can you help me? You know I do need the scholarship.

  瑪麗:你能幫幫我嗎?你知道我很需要獎學金。

  Steven: I'm afraid I can't I advise you to try again next year.

  史蒂文:這恐怕不行,我建議你明年再試一次。

  Mary: Thank you. I will.

  瑪麗:謝謝,我會的。