用英語夸人的技巧

  一、五類表示稱讚的經典句型
  1. 主語+be / look+(really)+表語(褒義形容詞)
  Your English is very good. 你的英語很不錯。
  You look great. 你看上很棒。
  You look very smart. 你看上去很帥。
  You really look beautiful today. 你今天真漂亮。
  Your new tie looks very nice. 你的新領帶看上去很漂亮。
  Your hair looks really good. 你的髮式看起來漂亮。
  Your soup is really tasty. 你煮的湯味道很好。
  2. I (really) like / love+賓語
  I like your hair long. 我喜歡你留長髮。
  I really like your shirt. 我的確喜歡你的襯衫。
  I like your car. 我喜歡你的汽車。
  I really like your new house. 我的確喜歡你的新房子。
  3. 主語+is+(really)+a+形容詞(褒義形容詞)+名詞
  That‘s a very nice jacket. (你)這茄克衫真漂亮。
  That‘s a beautiful necklace. 這條項鍊真漂亮。
  That‘s a nice outfit. (你)這套衣服很好看。
  That‘s a very nice hair-style you’re wearing. 你的髮型很美。
  That‘s really a beautiful car. 那真是一輛漂亮的汽車。
  4. 感嘆句:What a+形容詞(褒義形容詞)+名詞!
  How+形容詞(褒義形容詞)+主語+謂語!
  What a wonderful garden you have! 你的花園多美呀!
  What a beautiful blouse! 多漂亮的短衫!
  How nice your bike is! 你的自行車真好看!
  How lucky you are! 你真幸運!
  5. 其他表示稱讚的用語:
  Well done. 幹得不錯。
  You speak very good English. 你的英語說得真好。
  The hat suits you very well. 這帽子你戴著很適合。
  Those are nice gloves you have on. 你戴的那副手套很漂亮。
  說明:在經常用到的稱讚語中,出現頻率較高的常用詞彙有形容詞 nice, good, cute, great, pretty, beautiful, wonderful 等;動詞 like, love, be 等;以及副詞 beautifully, wonderfully, well 等。

  二、五類回答稱讚常用方式
  1. 接受稱讚
  即愉快地接受對方的稱讚,此時通常是用感謝的方式作答。如:
  A:Your pronunciation is very good. 你的語音很好。
  B:Thank you. 謝謝。
  A:The dish is tasty. 這道菜味道不錯。
  B:Thank you. And I‘m glad you like it. 謝謝,你喜歡吃我很高興。
  英語有時也類似地用漢語中的“過獎了”之類的說法來回答稱讚。如:
  Oh, I‘m flattered. 噢,過獎了。
  Oh, you flatter me. 噢,過獎了。
  2. 回敬稱讚
  即一方面愉快地接受稱讚,同時另一方面又用稱讚來回敬對方。如:
  A:You‘re looking very smart today. 你今天真漂亮。
  B:Thank you. And you too. 謝謝,你也很漂亮。
  A:I like your tie. 我喜歡你的領帶。
  B:Thanks. I like yours too. 謝謝,我也喜歡你的。
  3. 轉移稱讚
  即對於對方的稱讚既不接受,也不拒絕,而是將其轉移到另外一個方面去:
  A:What a beautiful necklace you have! 你這條項鍊真漂亮!
  B:It was my grandmother‘s. 這是我祖母的。
  A:That‘s a beautiful vase. 這個花瓶真漂亮。
  B:It comes from Japan. My husband went to Japan on business last month. 是日本貨。我丈夫上個月去日本出差了。
  4. 部分接受
  即對於對方的稱讚部分接受,同時也有部分不接受之意(通常用 but 之類的詞轉折):
  A:Your English is very good. 你的英語不錯。
  B:Well, my speaking isn‘t too bad, but I still have some problems with my listening. 嗯,我說得還可以,但聽還有些問題。
  5. 否定稱讚
  即對對方的稱讚予以否定(直接或間接的否定),尤其用於關係較熟的朋友之間。如:
  A:You speak very good French. 你的法語說得很不錯。
  B:Oh, I wish that were true. 哦,但願如此。
  A:That‘s a nice hat. 你這頂帽子很好看。
  B:What? Are you joking? 什麼? 你是在開玩笑吧?

  三、兩組實用的對話訓練
  Dialogue 1
  A:Hi, Mary. You look really smart today. 你好,瑪麗,你今天真的很漂亮。
  B:Thank you, Jack. Do you like my hat? 謝謝你,傑克。你喜歡我這頂帽子嗎?
  A:It suits you perfectly, I should say. 我認為再適合不過了。
  B:Yes, I think so too. As soon as I saw it in a shop the other day, I couldn‘t help getting one immediately. 是的,我也這樣想,早幾天在一家商店我看見它,我就馬上買了一頂。
  A:Oh, you have excellent taste, Mary. 噢,瑪麗,你的鑑賞力真不錯。
  B:It‘s very nice of you to say so, Jack. 謝謝你這麼說,傑克。
  Dialogue 2
  A:Mmm. That was a delicious meal. 嗯,這可真是一頓美餐。
  B:I‘m so glad you enjoyed it, Mr Smith. 史密斯先生,你吃得滿意我很高興。
  A:It certainly did. Every dish was super and the tastiest I had ever had. 的確不錯,每盤菜都非常出色,味道好極了。
  B:Oh, I‘m flattered, Mr Smith. 史密斯先生,你過獎了。