中國古典英語成語故事帶翻譯

  想要學好英語,一定要懂得學習方法。有趣的學習方法能讓你的英語水平提升得更快,小編在此獻上英語故事,希望對你有所幫助。

  成語寓言故事:The Turtledove Talks to the Owl斑鴻說嫋

  One day, an owl flew persistently towards the east till it was completely exhausted, so it stopped in a forest to take a rest. It happened that a turtledove was also resting there. Hearing the panting of the owl, it asked:

  一天,貓頭鷹一個勁兒地向東方飛去,飛得精疲力盡,停在樹林裡休息。一隻斑鴻恰巧也在那裡休息,聽見貓頭鷹呼味呼味地喘氣,就對貓頭鷹說:

  "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

  “你這樣急急忙忙地趕路,去哪兒呀?”

  The owl said:

  貓頭鷹說:

  "I am moving to the east."

  “我想到東方去住。”

  The turtledove asked closely:

  斑雞追問:

  “Why?”

  “為什麼?”

  The owl said:

  貓頭鷹說:

  "The people in the west all say my cry is unpleasant and dislike me I cannot stay there any longer. I must move to a new place."

  “西邊的人,都說我叫的聲音很難聽,都討厭我。在那兒我住不下去了,非換個地方不可!”

  The turtledove said:

  斑鴻說:

  "Can you solve your problem by changing a place? In my opinion, no matter where you move to, it won't help."

  “難道換個地方就可以解決問題嗎?我看,不管你搬到哪裡去,都沒有用!”

  The owl felt rather angry at the words of the turtledove, but it still asked in surprise:

  貓頭鷹覺得斑塢的話太氣人,便驚奇地問:

  "Can you forecast the future?"

  “你能未卜先知?”

  The turtledove said:

  斑雞說:

  "This is very simple. If you don't change your cry, the people in the east will dislike you all the same."

  “這很簡單,如果你不改變你的叫聲,那麼東邊的人也一樣會討厭你的!”

  成語寓言故事:Chasing a Woman Only to Lose His Wife追女失妻

  Zhao Jianzi, the famous general of the State of Jin, prepared to attack the State of Qi. He ordered:

  晉國名將趙簡子準備出兵進攻齊國。他命令說:

  "If anyone in the army dares to dissuade me, I will sentence him to death."

  “如果軍隊裡有人敢勸阻我,我就判處他死刑!

  A warrior named Gong Luwang, wearing armour and holding a sharp weapon in his hand, laughed loudly the moment he saw Zhao Jianzi.

  有個武士名叫公盧望,他身上穿著愷甲,手裡拿著銳利的兵器,一看到趙簡子就放聲大笑。

  Zhao Jianzi asked hurriedly:

  簡子忙問:

  "Why are you laughing?"

  “你笑什麼?”

  Gong Luwang replied:

  公盧望回答說:

  "I thought of something funny."

  “我想起了一件好笑的事情。”

  Jianzi said in a stern voice:

  簡子嚴厲地說:

  "Military command is no joke. If you can explain the reason, I will let you go. Otherwise I will sentence you to death."

  “軍令不是開玩笑,你講得出道理就放過你;要是講不出來,就判你死刑!

  Calmly Gong Luwang told a story:

  公盧望不慌不忙地講了一個故事:

  "It was the season for gathering mulberries. My neighbours, a couple, went to the field. The husband found a woman in the depths of the mulberry groves. He chased after her but could not catch her, so he returned unhappily. At that time, his wife had already left him in anger. I laugh at my neighbour who had not caught the woman but lost his wife and became single in the end."

  “正好是採桑的季節,我鄰居家夫婦倆一起下了田。丈夫發現桑林深處有個女子,就追了上去,可是沒有追上她,很不愉快地回來了。這時候,他的妻子卻早就氣憤地離開了他。我笑鄰居追女沒追到,反而失去了妻子,成了個光棍。”

  After Zhao Jianzi heard Gong Luwang's story, he looked as if he had just wakened from a dream. He said:

  趙簡子聽完公盧望的故事,像做夢剛醒過來一樣,說:

  "Now, if I attack other states, I may possibly fail, then I'll become the subject of a subjugated state.

  “現在,我去進攻別國,有可能失敗,那我不就反而成了亡國的他下令收兵回國。

  Consequently, he gave orders to withdraw his troops and return home.

  於是,他下令收兵回國。

  成語寓言故事:The Mantis Catches the Cicada螳螂捕蟬

  Once, the King of the State of Wu wanted to invade the State of Chu.

  一次,吳王要進攻楚國。

  The King of Wu warned his ministers:

  吳王警告他的大臣們說:

  "If anyone should dare to dissuade me from invading Chu again, I will put him to death."

  “有誰再敢來勸阻我進攻楚國,我就處死他。”

  One young hanger-on of his wanted to dissuade him but didn't dare. He carried a slingshot, and for three consecutive days paced up and down in the King's back garden. The dew wetted his clothes all through.

  吳王的門客中有一個年青人,想去勸阻但又不敢。他懷裡揣著彈弓,一連三個早晨在吳工的後花園裡徘徊,露水溼透了他的衣服。

  One day, the King of Wu called him:

  一天,吳王叫住他:

  "The dew has wetted your clothes to such a state. Why should you bear such hardship?"

  “露水把你的衣服溼成這個樣子,你何必吃這個苦呢?”

  The young man replied:

  年青人回答說:

  "There is a cicada on a tree in this garden. The cicada is high above, chirping leisurely and taking in the dew freely, not knowing that a mantis is right behind it. The mantis, pressing its body close in a concealed place, is intent on catching the cicada, not knowing that a siskin is hiding right behind it. The siskin is stretching out its neck to peck at the mantis, not knowing that a man carrying a slingshot is under it. These three small creatures make every effort only to get the benefit before them but ignore entirely the disaster behind."

  “這個園子裡,有一棵樹,樹上有一隻蟬。蟬高高在上,悠閒地叫著,自由自在地吸著露水,卻不知道有一隻蝗螂在它身後呢!蝗螂把身子緊緊地貼在隱蔽的地方,只想去捕蟬,卻不知道有一隻黃雀早已躲在它的身後呢!黃雀正伸長了脖子想去啄蝗螂,卻不知道在它下面正有人拿著彈弓呢!這三隻小生物,只是力求得到它們眼前的利益,卻全不管它們身後隱伏著禍患啊!”

  Having heard the young man's words, the King of Wu suddenly saw the light and said:

  吳王聽了年青人的話後,恍然大悟說:

  "What you said is right!"

  “你說得好啊!”

  Consequently, the King of Wu dropped his plan to invade the State of Chu.

  於是,吳王就不再進攻楚國了。